Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Gathering erupts in Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla: Police

Gathering erupts in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla: Police

The meeting broke out in Yedipora, Pattan area of ​​Baramulla.


A meeting broke out between terrorists and security forces in Baramulla at dawn on Friday.

The meeting broke out in Yedipora, Pattan area of ​​Baramulla.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“The encounter started in Yedipora, Pattan area of ​​Baramulla. Police and security forces are working. More details will be released,” the Kashmir area police said.

Earlier, another encounter between terrorists and security forces began in the Chitragam area of ​​Shopian district in the early hours of Friday. More details are expected.

Earlier on Tuesday, two terrorists were killed in Avhotu village of Kulgam district in an operation by the Indian army together with Jammu and Kashmir police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), police said.

In the search for the meeting place, two AK-series rifles, grenades and other military equipment were recovered, the police added.

Police identified the neutralized terrorists as Mohammad Shafi Ganie and Mohammad Asif Wani from Takiya, Kulgam. Both terrorists were members of Jaish-e-Mohammad.

The army established a quick initial cordon around the suspected group of houses in the village, which was later reinforced by additional troops. Upon confirming the presence of terrorists in the suspected location, priority was given to evacuating civilians from the cordon to a safe location.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

After that, the Army unit tried to induce the hiding terrorists to surrender by making repeated surrender calls, but to no avail.

During the search of the targeted house, the terrorists resorted to indiscriminate shooting to break the cordon. The troops responded with effective fire, thus foiling their escape attempt and neutralizing one of the terrorists. In the ensuing firefight, one soldier sustained a splinter/rebound injury to his foot.

See also  Earthshot Prize: Prince William pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth in new video

The soldier was evacuated to 439 Field Hospital, Awantipura. Meanwhile, due to the terrorist’s indiscriminate fire, the Gas Godown in the vicinity of the targeted house caught fire, causing multiple explosions. Considering the safety of civilian life, the Army and the police made efforts to put out the fire by using water tanks and foam sprinklers, while maintaining an impregnable cordon.

Contact was later reestablished and the second terrorist was also neutralized thanks to the accurate shot of the

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Hire Us For website setup, design, tech support or any type of online work. Send Email
Follow Us On Google News Google News
Follow Us On Facebook Facebook
Follow Us On Pinterest Pinterest
Follow Us On Tumblr Tumblr
Follow Us On Telegram Telegram
Follow Us On Linkedin LinkedIN
Download Free Games Download Free Games

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like