The funeral is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. and end with a national two-minute silence just before noon.
This is what we know about where to look.
- The Washington Post will broadcast the funeral and related events on this link starting Monday at 5:30am Eastern Time (10:30 BST).
- Major television networks will also broadcast the proceedings. Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Lester Holt of NBC News will host the coverage live beginning at 5:30 am ET. ABC’s coverage will begin at 5 am ET and can also be streamed live on Hulu.
- BBC television coverage will be broadcast on a number of its channels, headlined by Huw Edwards, Kirsty Young, Fergal Keane, David Dimbleby and Sophie Raworth, from 8am BST; Martha Kearney will lead the radio coverage. BBC World Service English will broadcast the events to radio stations around the world. The broadcaster’s iPlayer service will also broadcast the events.
- Fox News will begin coverage live at 4 a.m. ET with anchor Martha MacCallum and anchors Ainsley Earhardt and Piers Morgan reporting from London.
- UK outlet Sky News’ app, website and YouTube channel will also broadcast the proceedings, starting at 5am BST and ending at 11pm.
- Sirius XM radio will carry coverage from various outlets, including BBC World Service (channel 120), CNN (116), Fox News (channel 114), MSNBC (channel 118) and NPR (channel 122). Local member stations will also carry NPR coverage.
Daily life in Britain is expected to come to a large stop on Monday in honor of the queen. The day will be a holiday, with some hospitals rescheduling non-urgent surgeries and sporting and cultural events changing their plans. Some flight times at London Heathrow Airport will be changed to limit noise during the funeral.
The line to see the queen’s coffin is so long that the authorities had to close it
The proceedings follow four days of people waiting in mile-long queues, winding through central London, to pay their respects to the queen. “The Queue,” as the British were quick to call it, had been run with butlers, wristbands and toilets along the way. It got so long that on Friday the authorities temporarily prevented people from joining.
Here are episodes of ‘The Crown’ to watch and learn more about the queen
Where will Queen Elizabeth II be buried?
The queen’s final resting place will be at Windsor Castle near London. She will be buried next to her husband, Prince Philip, in St. George’s Chapel.
After the queen died on September 8 at Balmoral Castle, a royal estate in Scotland, her body was flown to London via the Royal Air Force. A procession carried her from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall, where she rested for four days, which is akin to lying in state.
On Monday morning, the queen will be transported to Westminster Abbey for the funeral. Her coffin will later travel in a procession to Wellington Arch and then to St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. A burial service will be held in the chapel.
What happens at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II? This is what we know so far.
Who will attend the queen’s funeral?
Hundreds of world leaders, including presidents, prime ministers and other monarchs, are expected to attend, complicating the landscape for security officials trying to keep them safe. President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden accepted invitations to be there.
Other leaders expected to be in attendance include New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro , and the Emperor of Japan, Naruhito.
Russian President Vladimir Putin will be notably absent, according to state media. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Russians respected the queen for her wisdom and world authority, but that the Kremlin was “not considering” sending Putin to her funeral. The Russian leader has a strained relationship with the West and has come under intense criticism and economic sanctions since he began his full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February.
Ellen Francis and Adela Suliman in London contributed to this report.
|Hire Us For website setup, design, tech support or any type of online work.||Send Email|
|Follow Us On Google News||Google News|
|Follow Us On Facebook|
|Follow Us On Pinterest|
|Follow Us On Tumblr||Tumblr|
|Follow Us On Telegram||Telegram|
|Follow Us On Linkedin|
|Download Free Games||Download Free Games|