Raheem Sterling will return to the England squad ahead of the 2022 World Cup quarter-final with France following the burglary at his family home in Surrey.
The 27-year-old striker sat out Sunday’s round of 16 win against Senegal due to concerns for his family’s well-being after the raid left his fiancée Paige Milian and their three children badly affected.
Sterling returned to the UK but is now willing to travel back to Qatar, and additional security measures are being worked on to ensure the safety of his family.
The FA confirmed: “Raheem Sterling will return to England’s World Cup base in Qatar.
“The Chelsea striker has left temporarily to attend to a family matter, but is now expected to rejoin the team at Al Wakrah on Friday (December 9) ahead of the quarter-final with France.”
Sterling started England’s 6-2 World Cup-opening win over Iran, as well as the dismal 0-0 draw with the USA, but other players in his position have shone in subsequent games.
Marcus Rashford and Phil Foden scored in a 3-0 win against Wales, while Bukayo Saka scored in a 3-0 win against Senegal, where Foden was again a big influence.
Surrey police issued a statement Wednesday morning saying they were working to establish whether the arrest of two men Tuesday night in an area near where Sterling lives had any connection to the burglary at his home, which was reported. Saturday.
However, an update on Wednesday afternoon said that “at this time” the arrests were not related to the break-in at Sterling’s home.
“Two men were arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery last night (December 6) in the Oxshott area. They are currently in custody,” the new statement read.
“Following reports of suspicious activity around 6:40 p.m., various resources were deployed, including the dog unit and the police helicopter. Our colleagues from the British Transport Police also provided assistance.
“At this time, these arrests are not linked to an ongoing investigation into a robbery that received significant media coverage over the weekend. That separate investigation is still ongoing and, as of 12:00 pm on Wednesday, December 7, no arrests have been made in connection with it.
“Officers are investigating the circumstances and the investigation is ongoing.”
Sources close to the player initially indicated that armed intruders had broken into his home while his family was inside, but later police statements said the home’s occupants had reported items missing after returning to the family home from international travel.
Police said Monday they were working to establish precisely when the raid occurred and also offered assurances to the local public that no witness statements had been made about the involvement of armed suspects or threats of violence.
|Hire Us For Any Type of Online work like web designing, auto blogging, Social media @cheap Rate||Send Email|
|Follow Us On Google News||Google News|
|Follow Us On Facebook|
|Follow Us On Pinterest|
|Follow Us On Tumblr||Tumblr|
|Follow Us On Telegram||Telegram|
|Follow Us On Linkedin|
|Download Free Games||Download Free Games|