Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Movies

Russian attack leaves 23 dead in civilian convoy in Ukraine: Governor

The targeted humanitarian convoy planned to travel to the Russian-occupied territory to pick up relatives and take them to a safe place, says the Zaporizhzhia regional governor.

A Russian missile attack on the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhia has killed at least 23 people and wounded dozens more, a Ukrainian official said.

A Russian official blamed Ukrainian forces for the deadly attack.

Zaporizhzhia Regional Governor Oleksandr Starukh made the announcement in an online statement on Friday. He said there were at least 28 wounded when Russian forces attacked a humanitarian convoy headed for Russian-occupied territory.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

He posted images of burned vehicles and bodies lying on the road.

“So far we know of 23 dead and 28 injured. All civilians, local people. Burn the fucking Russians in hell,” Oleksandr Starukh wrote on Telegram.

Starukh said that the members of the convoy planned to travel to the Russian-occupied territory to pick up their relatives and then take them to safety. He said rescuers were at the scene of the attack.

It comes as Moscow prepares to annex four regions to Russia after an internationally criticized referendum as part of its invasion of Ukraine. Those regions include areas near Zaporizhzhia, but not the city itself, which remains in Ukrainian hands.

Hire Us For website setup, design, tech support or any type of online work. Send Email
Follow Us On Google News Google News
Follow Us On Facebook Facebook
Follow Us On Pinterest Pinterest
Follow Us On Tumblr Tumblr
Follow Us On Telegram Telegram
Follow Us On Linkedin LinkedIN
Download Free Games Download Free Games
See also  How & Why Shanae Ankney Brought ‘Shanae 2.0’ To Bachelor In Paradise

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Advertisement