Here is the situation as it stands on Sunday, November 13.
- Residents of the southern Ukrainian city of Kherson celebrated the withdrawal of Russian troops, one of Kyiv’s greatest military achievements since Moscow invaded nearly nine months ago.
- Russian forces destroyed critical infrastructure, including communications, water, heat and electricity, in Kherson before their withdrawal, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said.
- Ukrainian National Police Chief Ihor Klymenko said 200 officers were working in the city, setting up checkpoints and documenting evidence of possible war crimes.
- About 70 percent of the Kherson region remains under Moscow’s control, with Russian troops fortifying their battle lines on the eastern bank of the Dnieper River.
- Russia said that the Ukrainian city of Henichesk, located on the Sea of Azov, is now the temporary administrative capital of the Kherson region.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Iranian counterpart President Ebrahim Raisi discussed deepening cooperation on political, trade and economic issues in a phone call.
- Russia said there was still no agreement to extend a deal allowing Ukraine to export grain through the Black Sea, reiterating its insistence on unhindered access to world markets for its own food and fertilizer exports.
- Turkey is committed to pursuing peace talks between Russia and Ukraine, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said. “We are working on how to create a peace corridor here, like we had the grain corridor.”
- Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen called for unity at the East Asia Summit, telling the gathering, including Russia, China and the United States, that the current global tensions have affected everyone.
- Renowned British street artist Banksy appears to be behind the artwork that recently appeared on a destroyed building in Ukraine.
|Hire Us For website setup, design, tech support or any type of online work.||Send Email|
|Follow Us On Google News||Google News|
|Follow Us On Facebook|
|Follow Us On Pinterest|
|Follow Us On Tumblr||Tumblr|
|Follow Us On Telegram||Telegram|
|Follow Us On Linkedin|
|Download Free Games||Download Free Games|