Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

fashion

These Levi’s Jeans From 1880 Just Sold For $76,000


These 1880s Levi Jeans Just Sold For $76,000

Denim is a wardrobe essential and a good pair of jeans is an investment worth making. At the Durango Vintage Festivus Denim Auction, over a thousand pounds of denim was on display and sent home to the highest bidders. However, in those mountain-high piles of cool and one-of-a-kind pieces, a pair of 1880 Levi’s buckle-back jeans made the auction memorable.

Like some of the jeans snatched up for auction, these buckle-back Levi’s were discovered in an abandoned mine. Its humble beginnings did not alter the initial asking price of $28,000 or the final sale price of $76,000. A hefty price tag split by Golden State Vintage 90%, with the remaining 10% going to Zip Stevenson of Hollywood Trading Company.

It is unknown how long the jeans were neglected in that abandoned mine, or who the original owner was, but the jeans arrived in fairly good condition despite being over 140 years old. These may be the oldest Levi’s jeans ever sold at live auction.





Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Hire Us For website setup, design, tech support or any type of online work. Send Email
Follow Us On Google News Google News
Follow Us On Facebook Facebook
Follow Us On Pinterest Pinterest
Follow Us On Tumblr Tumblr
Follow Us On Telegram Telegram
Follow Us On Linkedin LinkedIN
Download Free Games Download Free Games

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

World

The airstrikes in Gaza come in a week in which Israeli forces have killed 10 Palestinians in the occupied West Bank. Israeli warplanes have...

World

Herzog is meeting the king and crown prince on a trip made possible after their two countries normalized relations in 2020. Israeli President Isaac...

Movies

When recreating the most famous icons, one might think that the approach would be to mimic the original. If Only Resurrect Marilyn Monroe for...

Fifa World cup

Sign up for Miguel Delaney’s Reading the Game newsletter delivered straight to your inbox for free Subscribe to Miguel’s Delaney’s Free Weekly Newsletter Poland...

Movies

In many respects, the cyberpunk 2077 video game, adapted by CDProjekt Red from the red cyberpunk tabletop RPG franchise, it’s a high-fidelity rendering of...

Fifa World cup

Sign up for Miguel Delaney’s Reading the Game newsletter delivered straight to your inbox for free Subscribe to Miguel’s Delaney’s Free Weekly Newsletter Neymar...

World

RIPRIP, There has been no official confirmation from the police about the removal of the force from the streets, and no sign that a...

sports

WWE legend Brian Pillman’s son Brian Pillman Jr. has sent a message to Cody Rhodes’ brother Dustin Rhodes after the latter detailed his retirement...

Advertisement